For a party this past summer I made a platter of these Cranberry Walnut Pinwheels. They were gone before I knew it so I know they’re a hit.
You really can’t go wrong with pinwheels of any kind as a party appetizer. People are familiar with them and are up for trying different varieties. My Cranberry Walnut pinwheels are slightly sweet, slightly nutty, and of course creamy.
HEY FELLOW CREATIVE!
Sign-up for my newsletter to get more inspiration right to your inbox!
In many pinwheel recipes, the first step is to mix the ingredients first then spread onto the tortillas. I find that this pre-mixing turns whipped cream cheese into block cream cheese and is harder to spread. I like to just layer the ingredients, roll them up, cut, and eat.
Spread the cream cheese evenly onto a tortilla making sure to get all the way to the edges.
Evenly layer the spinach, feta crumbles, green onion, cranberries, and walnuts onto the cream cheese.
Tightly roll everything together. Flip the seam-side down on your cutting surface and cut into 1/2″ pinwheels.
Arrange the pinwheels beautifully onto a platter and quickly take a picture before they’re gone.
Cranberry Walnut Pinwheels
Looking for an easy appetizer to bring to a party? Try these Cranberry Walnut pinwheels. You should really always double this recipe because they go really fast.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 20 pinwheels 1x
- 3 large spinach tortillas
- 8oz whipped cream cheese
- 2oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- Working on a cutting board, spread cream cheese onto tortilla making sure to get all the way to the edge.
- Evenly sprinkle on chopped spinach, feta crumbles, green onion, cranberries, and walnuts.
- Tightly roll the tortilla.
- Turn the seam-side down on your cutting board.
- Cut the roll into 1/2″ pinwheels and transfer to a serving platter.
Can be made a day ahead of time. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Separate layers with parchment paper.
These Cranberry Walnut Pinwheels were part of this year’s Anti Super Bowl Party Menu. Find out what else we had here.