“Next time we go to a party, you’re bringing these!” That’s what my husband said after the first bite into these Mini Calzones. These mini bites of pizza have the perfect balance of flavor.
When these mini calzones came out of the oven, I was so impressed with the crispiness and flavor.
The pie crust used for the mini calzones is light and flaky so your calzones aren’t overly doughy.
Mini Calzones Recipe
This recipe can easily be customized with different fillings to suit your taste.Print
Mini Calzones Recipe | The Perfect Party Food
This easy finger-food recipe can be customized with different fillings for the perfect mini calzone. Serve with marinara for dipping. They’ll be gone before you know it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 40 pieces 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 box Pillsbury Pie Crusts
- 40 slices pepperoni (try turkey pepperoni)
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon water
- garlic powder
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll one sheet of pie crust. Using a 3 inch cookie cutter (or ramekin) cut 10 circles. Roll out excess pie crust into remaining rounds.
- In the middle of each round, place 2 pepperoni slices, a few mushrooms, and some mozzarella. Don’t over fill, just a little of each thing is enough. Fold over the dough to create the calzone. With your finger, pinch the edges together. Using a fork, crimp the edges.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling ingredients.
- Transfer mini calzones to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix egg and water. Use a pastry brush to brush egg wash onto calzones.
- Lightly dust calzones with garlic powder.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese and bake another 5 minutes.
This recipe was inspired by bakedbyjoanna.com.
Have leftovers? Place these mini calzones on a baking sheet at 220°F for 20 minutes. They’ll still be crispy.