In the mood for some Asian food for dinner tonight? Whip up this Easy Asian Dumpling recipe and have dinner on the table in less than an hour. These dumplings use simple ingredients and pack a punch full of flavor.
Easy Asian Dumplings Recipe
Easy-to-make Asian dumplings with Hoisin dipping sauce.
HEY FELLOW CREATIVE!
Sign-up for my newsletter to get more inspiration right to your inbox!
More DIY Project Ideas
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 wontons 1x
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha hot sauce, divided
- 24 wonton wrappers
- water for wonton assembly
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 green onion, sliced, for garnish
- In a large pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add green onion, carrots, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté 4-6 minutes until softened. Add spinach, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sriracha, and 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan, set aside to cool.
- Prepare your wonton assembly station. In a small bowl, add water. Place one heaping teaspoon of filling in the center of the wonton wrapper. Wet your finger with water and wet two adjacent edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half corner to corner to form a triangle. Press edges to seal while pushing out any air in the center. Fold left and right corners over each other and wet with fingers to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and wonton wrappers.
- Heat large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Working in batches, add wontons and cook on both sides until golden brown and crispy. Once browned on both sides, add 1/4 cup of water and cover. Cook until water evaporates. Transfer wontons to a paper towel lined plate to absorb extra oil. Repeat with remaining olive oil and wontons.
- Prepare dipping sauce by mixing 1/4 cup hoisin, 2 teaspoons sesame soil, 2 teaspoons sriracha.
- Garnish wontons and dipping sauce with sesame seeds and green onions.
Recipe adapted from cookingforkeeps.com where Nicole gives great instructions on how to make your wontons.