While preparing a finger-food menu for a party I wanted to include a dessert that wasn’t rich and heavy. Recently inspired to a make a marshmallow treat, I came up with these simple sweet bites of chocolate covered marshmallows with bananas and walnuts.
The kids will love these!Print
Chocolate Covered Marshmallows with Bananas and Walnuts
Easy marshmallow dessert in ten minutes with chocolate, bananas, and walnuts.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 30 marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Sprinkle walnuts onto a place for easy application.
- Prepare a plate with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted.
- Individually poke each marshmallow with a toothpick and dip into melted chocolate to cover half of the marshmallow.
- Immediately layer marshmallow on top of a slice of banana and push toothpick all the way through banana.
- Roll marshmallow and banana combination into walnuts to coat.
- Transfer to prepared plate. Repeat with remaining marshmallows, chocolate, bananas, and walnuts.
- Serve immediately or make ahead and refrigerate.