Have you ever tried something and immediately knew that it’s one of your favorites things in the world? Yep, that’s how I feel about this pomegranate guacamole. The balance of heat and sweet is oh-so perfect! Then there’s the lime juice and don’t even get me started on the cilantro (another of my favorite things).
Before we start eating, let’s talk about how awesome this pomegranate guacamole really is. Not only does it taste great, it has some great health benefits.
HEY FELLOW CREATIVE!
Sign-up for my newsletter to get more inspiration right to your inbox!
- Pomegranates are a rich source of antioxidants, more than cranberry juice or green tea. source
- Avocados are loaded with potassium (more than bananas), monounsaturated fats, fiber, and antioxidants. source
- Cilantro is a low-calorie herb with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, and antioxidants. source
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, a cancer preventative compound. source
So what did we learn? Eat more pomegranate guacamole!
And now, how to peel a pomegranate. I’ll leave that up to this guy:
He makes it look so easy.
Serve this guac with tortilla chips for a party appetizer. Or just whip it up for lunch and keep it all to yourself.
I like my guacamole chunky, limey, and with plenty of cilantro and heat. Adjust the ingredients to your liking. Enjoy!
A great party appetizer, serve this pomegranate guacamole with tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño (or half large), seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 avocados, peeled and quartered
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 pomegranate, peeled, seeds separated
- In a bowl combine red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt. Mix with a spoon while pressing down on ingredients to release flavors.
- Add avocado. Mash with a fork to leave slightly chunky. Mix all ingredients together.
- Add lime juice.
- Fold in tomatoes and pomegranate seeds.