Around our house we love mushrooms! I had been testing different mushroom soup recipes and after mixing ingredients and techniques from several recipes I’ve finally come up with my own. And my husband approves. This is an easy-to-make mushroom soup recipe that can be prepared in under 30 minutes with common ingredients. My mushroom soup recipe skips the heavy-cream and is still creamy when served. Goes great with a slice of hot, rosemary french bread.
HEY FELLOW CREATIVE!
Sign-up for my newsletter to get more inspiration right to your inbox!
Savory Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 whole yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 20 whole (2 bunches) Crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 cups skim milk, divided
- ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper ( I recommend Veggie Pepper)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large pot, add olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions become translucent and mix becomes juicy. Approximately 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook approximately 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, 1½ cups milk, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce to low heat.
- In a separate pan over medium heat, add remaining butter. Once butter is fully melted, add flour and whisk until fully incorporated. Slowly add remaining milk and whisk until fully incorporated. Add to pot.
- Simmer soup on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan sprinkled on top.
Serves 4[tasty-recipe id=”1894″]
Did you try this recipe? What did you think?