My buffalo cravings came with pregnancy. Two years ago I would have never even considered making Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls. Before I was pregnant I had no interest in buffalo or blue cheese anything, in fact I was appalled by both. Buffalo chicken wings have always been one of my husband’s guilty pleasures and any time he’d order them I could barely even be next to him. When I got pregnant it was all thrown out the window.
Once the food cravings set in I all of a sudden wanted grapefruit (another previously appalled food). Then on pizza and wings night I loved the smell of his buffalo wings. I tried one dipped in blue cheese and from then on I couldn’t be stopped. Now anytime buffalo anything crosses my path it’s an immediate first consideration.
These Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are a simple finger-food to put together and anyone who’s on the buffalo bandwagon will eat them up.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
If you can make anything in the slow cooker, you can make these Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls.
Spray or oil your slow cooker to prevent sticking. Place your chicken breast into the slow cooker and our buffalo sauce all over. Cover and cook 3-4 hours on low or until cooked through.
Once chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165° F remove from the slow cooker and shred. At this point you can wrap your egg rolls or put the chicken in a bowl, add the buffalo sauce from the slow cooker and let sit until you’re ready to prepare the egg rolls.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
Set out all your ingredients to make the egg rolls so everything is within reach. You’ll need the egg roll filling, egg roll wrappers, and a small dish of water. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place one egg roll wrapper on your surface with a corner pointing towards you.
In the center of the wrapper add some buffalo chicken filling and a few celery slices.
Fold the bottom half up over the filling.
Fold the left and right sides towards the middle. Dip your finger the dish of water and dap on the top corner of the egg roll wrapper.
Fold the top corner down and press in place.
Repeat with all of egg rolls wrappers and place them on the prepared baking sheer. Brush the eggs rolls with an egg wash. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
Serve them with my chunky Blue Cheese Dip for the perfect balance of flavors.
Make up a batch (or two) for your next party or maybe for Friday night pizza and wings night like we do.Print
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls with Blue Cheese Dip
This fiery finger-food appetizer is sure to please guests. Serve it with a side of chunky Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Total Time: 7 hours 40 minutes
- Yield: 12-16 egg rolls
- Category: Appetizer
For the egg rolls
- cooking spray or oil
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- buffalo sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is a solid choice)
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1-2 eggs, mixed for an egg wash
For the Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- blue cheese crumbles
- plain greek yogurt
- green onions, thinly sliced
To prepare buffalo chicken filling
- Spray or oil the inside of your slow cooker. Add chicken breasts and cover in buffalo sauce. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until cooked through.
- Once the chicken breasts have reached an internal temperature of 165°F remove from slow cooker and shred. Replace chicken back into slow cooker and stir into sauce.*
To make the egg rolls
- Set out the egg roll filling, egg roll wrappers, and a small dish of water. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place one egg roll wrapper on your surface with a corner pointing towards you.
- In the center of the wrapper add some buffalo chicken filling.
- Fold the bottom half up over the filling.
- Fold the left and right sides towards the middle. Dip your finger the dish of water and dap on the top corner of the egg roll wrapper.
- Fold the top corner down and gently press in place.
- Repeat with all of egg rolls wrappers and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the eggs rolls with an egg wash.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Serve immediately.
- Make the chicken a day ahead of time. Cook, shred, and place both the chicken and Buffalo sauce from the slow cooker into a container and refrigerate overnight.