This post may contain affiliate links.
Take It Easy Bag Pattern
The Take It Easy bag says it all in the name. It’s a great crossbody bag for carrying the essentials, plus a little more. It’s equipped with four pockets, an adjustable strap, and a zipper closure.
- Size: 11″ W x 9½” H x 3″ D
- Exterior: 1 slip pocket, 1 zip pocket
- Interior: 1 slip pocket, 1 zip pocket
- Closure: Recessed Zipper
- Strap: Adjustable Crossbody Strap
- Recommended Fabrics: Leather, Vinyl, Quilting Cotton
- Printable PDF pattern with step-by-step instructions.
- SVG files for all pieces for use with a cutting machine
- Access to online start-to-finish video instructions..
This is a PDF pattern download, not a physical bag. After purchase, the PDF pattern with links to videos will be emailed immediately. Refunds cannot be given for digital products.
“This is a wonderful unique pattern, the pieces come together easily and there’s lots of room for modifications to personalize the final product. The size is perfect (not too big and not too small).”
– Ophelia V.
Take It Easy Bag Pattern Videos
Pattern includes 60 minutes of videos for each step of the pattern.
“The pattern came together really easily and the instructions are awesome.”
– Amanda Jane V.
Materials & Supplies
- ¾ yard 1-3oz leather, vinyl, home decor fabric, or denim
- ¾ yard quilting cotton
- ¾ yard fusible woven interfacing (i.e. Pellon SF101)
- ¾ yard exterior stabilizer (i.e. Decovil Light or fusible fleece) (optional)
- 1″ X 54″ cotton, nylon, or poly webbing
- 32″ #5 or #3 zipper tape (OR one 14″ zipper and two 9″ zippers) (Pattern is written for 1¼” wide zipper tape, other widths may require adjustments)
- 3 – zipper pulls that match zipper sizes
- 1 zipper stop (optional, OR make one with a scrap of exterior material)
- 2 – 1½” D-Rings, O-Rings, or rectangle rings
- 1 – 1″ adjustable slider
- 2 – 1″ swivel clasps (optional)
- 4 or 6 metal rivets
- bag tag(s) (optional)
- coordinating thread for chosen fabrics
“Overall I love this bag, simple yet more than enough to bring essential things to go around.”
– Chera P.
What is the difficulty level of this pattern?
Confident Beginner – Having some basic bag-making knowledge and some experience following patterns will make this bag pattern a breeze for you.
Can I sell what I make using this pattern?
This pattern and instructions are for personal use only. You may not copy, sell, or distribute this pattern or the instructions. You may sell items created with this pattern, as long as you are making them yourself. Items may not be mass-produced from this pattern. The pattern can be used to teach a class, though all makers must buy a copy of the pattern. If selling goods made from this pattern, I ask that design credit is given to Scratch and Stitch.
How do watch the Take It Easy bag videos?
The videos are only available to those that purchase the pattern. You must be logged in to view the videos here.