Before I met my husband I wasn’t much of a “fish eater.” Now I LOVE fish and all kinds of it! I am often experimenting with (or inventing) new recipes using fish – salmon being the most common. I found this recipe at one of my favorite cooking resources and like most of my recipes put my own twist on it.
Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with Crumbled Lemon-Dill Feta
HEY FELLOW CREATIVE!
Sign-up for my newsletter to get more inspiration right to your inbox!
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
- Crumbled Lemon-Dill Feta (see recipe below)
In a medium pan height 1T olive oil over medium heat. Place salmon in pan, spread mustard over top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook 10 minutes or until fish easily flakes when poked with a fork. Remove from pan and flake into large chunks. Set aside.
In the meantime, boil water in a medium saucepan. Add orzo and cook 12-15 minutes or until cooked to preferred firmness. (Follow package instructions for best results.) Strain pasta in hot water.
In same pan used for salmon, add remaining olive oil and asparagus over medium-low heat. Cook 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Mix together pasta, salmon, asparagus, and onion. Stir in Crumbled Lemon-Dill feta.
Crumbled Lemon-Dill Feta
- 1 cup (3.5 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
How do you integrate fish into your diet?