Here’s a quick and cheesy quesadilla recipe using deli meat. Spice is up with jalapenos and salsa. It’s easy to make and kids will love it too. For parties, make a ton and serve as an appetizer with the yogurt and salsa on the side.
Deli Meat Quesadilla Recipe
HEY FELLOW CREATIVE!
Sign-up for my newsletter to get more inspiration right to your inbox!
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray
- 2 fajita size tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices chicken deli meat (we like Boar’s Head Oven-Roasted Low-Sodium Chicken Breast)
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (we like Fage Total 0%)
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
- pepper to taste (we like Frontier Salt-Free Veggie Pepper)
In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When pan is good and hot add one tortilla. Sprinkle on cheddar cheese. Layer deli meat slices over cheese. Place the other tortilla on top.
Cook 2-4 minutes until tortilla is brown. With a large spatula flip the quesadilla. Cook another 2-4 minutes until brown.
Remove from pan, cut into four quarters. Scoop yogurt on top, then add salsa and jalapenos. Sprinkle on pepper.
Optional: Skip the yogurt, jalapenos, and salsa and serve with a cup of tomato soup as an alternative to a grilled cheese sandwich. Or try it with roast beef instead!
What do you add to your quesadillas?